Sunday, November 15, 2015

My Inner and Outer Journey through Pictures

Decorating the journal to reflect my inner and outer journey was an especially fun thing to do. I admit I was not to thrilled at first mainly because of the trouble of having to cut and paste the pictures to the notebook. But just so you know, I am glad to say I was wrong about this assignment. I had a lot of fun because it was a trip down memory lane. I got to remember past trips all around the world and special moments with my friends and family and that they are always there to celebrate my triumphs and help me get through adversities.  

 I decided to represent my outer journey on the cover of the journal and the inner journey on the back. For my outer journey I mostly used pictures of my two trips to Europe, one for my “Quinceañera” (15th birthday celebration, a very important milestone in every Hispanic girl) in 2009, and one for my High School Graduation Celebration in 2012. Like many tourists, I have more than 3,000 pictures for both trips, mostly because I took pictures of about everything, food, trashcans, and weird street names in languages I couldn’t understand, you name it. Since this is a lot of pictures to choose from, I went with the ones I stood in famous landmarks that represent a European country. To name a few, I decorated with pictures in front of the Big Ben and Buckingham Palace in London, the Fontana de Trevi in Rome, Stonhenge in Salisbury, England, the Eiffel Tower and the Arch of Triumph in Paris, and the Branderburg Gate in Berlin. I also put a couple of pictures of me in the USA, one in the Statue of Liberty and two in Walt Disney World, a place I love to visit even though I am 21 years old. The front cover was really fun; it represents half of my ever-growing bucket list of places to visit. I am quite grateful for my family for making this possible and that I am privileged enough to be able to visit this countries and learn about their cultures.

The back-cover, also known as my inner journey, is mostly a chronological line of my life. I intended to represent the milestones I have gone through in life and also to represent who I am as person. There are pictures of me as a baby, pictures of my life support, aka, my friends and family, pictures of my graduation, volunteer jobs and my goal to be a Doctor. It served as a way for me to realized how much I have grown both physically and emotionally and I am proud of this. There are moments when you feel like you can’t go on, but I believe that with strength and perseverance you can achieve everything. I am happy that I have lived so many great moments and I hope that I can keep adding pictures of them in a bigger album.





2 comments:

  1. I really like how you decorated your journey journal Lauren, it really says a lot about you as a person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like how you decorated your journey journal Lauren, it really says a lot about you as a person.

    ReplyDelete